The Hall Practice contracts with the Buckinghamshire Primary Care Trust to provide general medical services. These are broken down as follows:
- General management of medical conditions
- Health promotion advice
- Emergency care if appropriate
- Referral for other services, if appropriate
- Urgently required care for temporary residents
- Chronic disease management such as diabetes, asthma, coronary heart disease, stroke, chronic obstructive airways disease, epilepsy
- Cervical screening
- Contraceptive services (not coils)
- Vaccinations and immunisations
- Child health surveillance
- Ante and postnatal maternity services
- Minor surgery procedures
- Anticoagulation service
- Suture removal after NHS procedures
- Smoking cessation
Registered patients aged 16 -75 who have not been seen for three years may request a consultation.
Registered patients aged over 75 years who have not been seen in the previous 12 months may request a consultation.
(If you are unable to attend the surgery for these checks because of your medical condition a home visit may be arranged.)
Triage By Nurse Practitioner
If you are not sure whether you need to see a doctor, the secretaries may suggest an appointment with the nurse practitioner, who can deal with minor illnesses.